Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Repairing a corrugated asbestos-cement roof

On 13/01/2019 19:30, newshound wrote:
On 13/01/2019 19:08, wrote:
I have a large shed (far too large to consider re-roofing) which has a
corrugated asbestos-cement roof that probably dates from the 60s. It's
in quite good condition but there are a couple of cracks and one 4"
hole where a pipe used to pass through.
It seems the repair options are either Flashband (+primer), an EPDM
patch, making a GRP patch, covering with a bit of corrugated roofing,
or using galvanised mesh and cement. What else should I be thinking
of? Any recommendations?

Rather than flashband I would be thinking about the fabric with mastic
tapes, Sylglas to DIY-ers or Denso tape to professionals. Together with
a bit of corrugated sheet of the correct pitch for the 4 inch hole.
Probably not galvanised mesh plus cement, too likely to crack over time.

Why would you prefer Denso tape to flashband?

Currently, for the hole, I'm favouring a corrugated off-cut screwed and
Stixall'd to the inside and then the depression at the top filled and
profiled with polyester resin (car body filler) ... but all suggestions
welcomed, especially from those who've already solved the same problem.