Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default WHY DOESN'T MY SNOWBLOWER BLOW SNOW

On 2019-01-13 6:50 a.m., trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 3:32:11 PM UTC-5, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

Is there sufficient snow available and being fed in?Â* If there is only
a couple inches and the machine is moving slowly, snow won't get
thrown
very far because there isn't enough volume to propel it.Â* With mine
if I try to do just a couple inches at low forward speed, the snow
just dribbles out the chute or goes a few feet.

it's at least 12 inches of snow and when i give it gas , it stalls in
the deep stuff

But at full speed, if you go slow, it stays at full speed, but only
blows it a few feet?Â* I presume it's not real heavy, wet snow either?

no , it's dry fluffy snow and yes what you said is what it does ,
and if i gear up to 3 or 4 when i get into the snow , it stalls ,
i have to be ready for the stall and stop and just let it idle ,
and it catches up with itself again

Normally that means its not getting enough fuel.

yea , i think i'm in for a lesson in carburetors

Buy some "sea foam" and put it in the gas - then run it for a while
. If jets are restricted this usually does a good job of clearing them
ouit. Also use ethanol free gas to help prevent problems. Here in
Canada that usually means premium. I use ONLY shell premium in my
small engines.

In the US premium has ethanol too. IDK where I'd even find ethanol
free, except at HD and similar where it's sold at high prices in
small packages for small engine use.