Joseph Meehan

Default Furnace Humidifier recommendation

Ace wrote:
I am considering buying an Aprilaire or a Desert Spring furnace
humidifier and would like your opinions about
them. The Desert Spring costs $259.95 plus 14.95 S&H and covers up to
4200sq ft. I think the Aprilaire 700 covers about the same. It costs
about 229.95 plus
S&H. One thing that interests me about the Desert Spring is that
there is nothing to periodically replace in it, just clean out a
lower pan on it or install an automatic flush device on it. They say
you don't need one if you have soft water.
I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks

I don't know about Desert Spring, or how it works. However I can say
all water comes with dissolved minerals, some more than others (including
softened water). If the water evaporates, those minerals have to go
somewhere.

The Aprilaire flushes most of them down the drain. I don't see how any
system is going to get all of them down the drain.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math