Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how hot do you run you CH boiler

In article ,
tim... wrote:
I'm curious about that. You said with the boiler set to 74 degrees, the
rad were too hot to touch?
How can that be with the rooms at the correct temperture if they are OK at
55 degrees?

two different boilers (two different houses)

I have yet to try the new boiler at a lower temp

Ah - right. With my Viessmann which has weather comp, the rads in the main
room - no TRVs - would perhaps be too hot to touch when the system first
comes on - but soon drop back to a lower temp. If you ran it 24/7, unless
it was very cold, they've never be too hot to touch - although the rads I
have include a faceplate which doesn't get up to the full water temp
(Thermapanels - bought more for the look than this feature, many years ago)

--
*All generalizations are false.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.