Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Cedar slab cost?

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 7:42:34 AM UTC-6, Jack wrote:
On 1/7/2019 6:03 AM, john stau wrote:
I was toying with the thought of making a dinning room table out of a single solid slab of cedar. I'd like it to be about 72"x48"x4".

Take a look at this guy (Matthew Cremona) on YouTube.

Cremona states his (youtube) slabs are 2-3/4" thick. Though his are oak and 13' long, a 4" cedar slab will be heavy, also. Look what it takes for Cremona to handle those slabs.

This table top is 2-1/4" thick, 6' long. It wasn't easy or convenient to handle this project, a tea table for a Korean friend. https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...n/photostream/

Lots of large tables are built all the time. For heavy stuff, plan well, take your time and your results will turn out great.

Sonny