Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Cedar slab cost?

On 1/7/2019 6:03 AM, john stau wrote:
I was toying with the thought of making a dinning room table out of a single solid slab of cedar. I'd like it to be about 72"x48"x4".
I assume it would have to be western red cedar and I do dream of it being one piece not multiple pieces glued up.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what they figure a cedar slab that size would cost me?

Take a look at this guy (Matthew Cremona) on YouTube. He has a large
mill and has a ton of slabs like you are wanting, if not in cedar. He
makes tables and stuff but, he seems to have a lot of wide stuff stacked
of various woods. Not sure if he sells them but I assume he must, or he
is a really one prolific woodworker.

He has a bunch of videos like this that give you an idea of what he has,
this is just one of many:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni9rQMVRlbE&t=1019s

You can try to get in touch with him, not sure where he is located, but
don't know where your located either. Where ever, he is not the only
guy doing this stuff, so if he is too far away, or not selling, you can
look for this type of guy.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com