Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how hot do you run you CH boiler

on 12/01/2019, dennis@home supposed :
Where is the room stat?

My stat is in the hall and it is generally set to a lower temperature
than we desire in the living room next to it.

That is the big problem with TRVs, you have to have the system run whenever
any rad wants heat and its difficult to impossible with only one room stat.

Generally, if our hall is below temperature, other parts of the house
will be too. So in practise it works pretty well.

Its a pretty crap way of doing it really.

It is a compromise of cost versus ideal with considerable extra
complexity. Ideal is a zone per room, a temperature sensor per room and
the means to use the data/ decide which rooms should be what
temperature at what times of day, maybe to include occupation sensors.
The boiler coming on if any zone requires heat input.