Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Windows 10 - installing drivers

Well normally it works in one of two ways. Either you install the drivers
that are supplied, then when you connect up the device it finds them and
puts them where it wants them, or it loads default drivers when you plug it
in, which may or may not work, and if they don't, you need to load the cd or
whatever and then ask the system to update the drivers and keep your
fingers crossed.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Today is Yesterdays Tomorrow.
"Graeme" wrote in message

This is a continuation of the transferring video tape to PC, in that I now
have the device, which comes with various cables, installation CD and dire
warnings to download and install drivers BEFORE plugging in the new USB
device.

Driver downloaded, and this is the dim question bit, where do I install
the driver, or does W10 just know what to do with it? Normally, I would
use Device Manager, but in this case, Windows does not yet know the device
exists.

I must be missing something obvious ...

--
Graeme