Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how hot do you run you CH boiler

On 11/01/2019 21:30, John Rumm wrote:
I have weather compensation on mine, and so it chooses its own
temperature based on the outside temp. Basically that means its runs as
cool as it thinks it can get away with and still be able to reach the
target set point temperature in a reasonable amount of time. (the
relationship is set by choosing a mapping curve that reflects the rate
of heat loss of the building).

Currently the external temp is 6.5 deg C, and the flow temp is running
at 54 deg. If it were to go well below 0, then it might push the flow
temp up into the 70s. When its milder it might run flow temps down in
the 40s.

Annoying Worcester do not have a simple weather comp option for theirs
(you have to have the fancy controller and that precludes using your own
heating controller, according to them).

I oversized my rads as much as possible and I have been able to run on
64/54 in deep winter and 55/45 in the less cold parts of the year.

--
Email does not work