Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default how hot do you run you CH boiler

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
tim... pretended :
I had a new Combi fitted today (in the to-be-moved-to house).

Fitters told me that I should run this at 74 degrees.

Which I thought far too high, as

I have an opened vented system, with stored HW and the house is heated by
the one boiler, installed new last March. A Vailant ECOfit Pure 418. We
like the stored water to be good and hot, the boiler only has one
temperature setting available for its output temperature - so I have it
set at its max, of 75C, in order to meet our HW needs.

not something that is a consideration with a combi