Peter Ashby

Default Question about varnishing hard wood

In article ,
(JohnMBrebner) wrote:

Perhaps you are not preparing the surface well enough. I think its best to
damp
the surface with a wet cloth (to raise the grain) between each grade of
paper,
finishing with as fine a grade of paper as poss.

that helps, but only reduces the sanding between coats rather than
eliminating it and won't solve the problem of the open grain in oak.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.