TURTLE

Default wires to capacitor on YORK AC unit are burned and melted

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...
2) What are the names of the electrical terminals on a typical compressor?
What does each terminal do?
SM: Common, start, and run. Common acts as a neutral, though on 220 volt
comps, the common terminal is "hot". Start provides for extra torque for
starting. On refrigeration compressors, the start terminal is usually only
powered for a second or two, via a start relay. On AC units, it is often
hooked to a motor run capacitor. Run terminal provides the power to run the
compressor.

Christopher A. Young

This is Turtle.

Stormy Listen up. The start winding on a refrigeration compressor will be powered up for no more that 10 seconds and then therelay
cuts power to the start winding and run winding keeps it going.

The air conditioning compressor , the start winding is activatied and keeps power to it when running all the time. This is what I'm
getting at here.

Stormy , Go all out and buy you a Modern Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Book and start reading and it will tell the hell out of
everything we are talking about. You won't have to ask anything but sometime start speaking with some knownledge of what your
speaking about. If you don't have this book to referrence from. Your going to be in the dark all the time.

TURTLE

---