Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Schuko socket (further difficulty)

charles wrote:
In article ,
Scott wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:20:34 +0000, Tufnell Park
wrote:

On 10/01/2019 17:02, Scott wrote:
The electrician fitted the Schuko socket but put the live to the left.
Not that it matters, but I decided it would be a good idea to modify
it. However, the terminal screw broke as I was tightening it (I don't
think I'll be buying MK again). By chance, I have a replacement
screw. Is there a recognised way of getting the broken screw out?

You'll probably just have to drill it out unless it is a very loose fit
in which case it may 'tease out' with a pair of tweezers or similar
implement.

How do you drill without dethreading the hole? I can see this going
badly.

use a small enough drill to fit between the threads and the recalcitrant
screw can usually be got out. If it snapped when you tried to unscrew it,
it would seem thatb it was overtighted by the original installer. The
don't sell insulated torque screwdrivers for no reason.

Dental burr in dremmel or die grinder can be controlled to drill screw
or at least make centre for drill then make easy out by grinding a
square taper to a point on hard steel.
Anything is possible with DIY