Posted to alt.home.repair
croy croy is offline

Default Sharkbite plumbing fittings - a bad idea?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:14:04 GMT, Dave S m
wrote:

replying to Smarty, Dave S wrote:
All the answers I read here are worthy - there are good reasons to sweat and
to use push on's --- My comment for all is that I remodeled to remove a bar
faucet in a family room 19 years ago, and closed the supply - hot and cold -
with shark bite end caps -- no problem so far - pretty comfortable with them,
and used them again 5 years ago in a bath remodel - still perfect. They've
been around too long to be faulty without all of us DIYers not hearing about
it.

They use o-rings to seal, correct? If so, what is the o-ring material?

--
croy