external usenet poster

Default OT Irish Border

On Thursday, 10 January 2019 13:50:38 UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

[Snip]

So why did they put in an order for them if they were never going to be
viable ?

perhaps they didn't know that at then time.

Did anyone know it at the time which was before 1969.
You see they were ordered in 1963 but cancelled in 1973 , that should tell yuo something but does it ?

Why would someone wait 10 years and then cancel.
It wasn't because of th3e usualky allow 28 days for delivery that most orders seemd to take when buying from anywhere other than the high street.

BOAC only took theirs because they
got them for free.

So why did others order them ?

Which others? Onlt Air France had them.

It's all on wiki.

I only remmeber pam am quantas and untited airlines as they ordered 6 each making the it 666.
Surely you don't believe what wodney said in that it was because concorde coulnd't fly over land, otherwise they'd never have left the airport.

None of the other were ever
going to be actually stupid enough to pay for any.

So why order them ?

They didn't

They did or perhaps reserved them but I'm not sure if you can reserve such things that won't exist for another 10 years.

Corse it was given that it could only fly supersonic over water.

It could fly supersonic over land and did

No it didn't - but yes it could.

But when did they decide that and it wasn;t just concorde like speed limits for cars it applied to all aircraft and it wasn;t 'overland' the limit was imposed over populated areas like cars now being restricted to 20 MPH in a lot of cities so why does anyone bother buying a car that can do more ?
Which makes just about every car made today not worth buying if you can't go above 20 MPH.
Not sure how good your georgraphy is but the UK is surroinded by water which planes and boats have to cross to get to anaother country and most people use airplanes to get to another country.

Even eurostar speed is restricted.