Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Is there such a thing as "Dirty Gas" and could it damage mycombi?

On 09/01/2019 17:09, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY explained on 09/01/2019 :
When a pan of salty water boiled over, it affected all the burners of
the hob and also the gas fire in the next room (and maybe the boiler -
can't see the flame). I wonder if some water managed to flow backwards
down the pipe beyond the hob to a common feed for hob, gas fire and
boiler. It took a couple of weeks to go away, even though I cleaned
all the burners as soon as it happened.

Very unlikely that water could manage to makes its way back through a
tiny gas jet, a jet which would be preceded by the air mix holes.

Surely the jet is before the air mix holes? In any case, many jets have
a large diameter counterbore on the upstream side before the actual
metering jet.