Danny Monaghan

Default Moving freezer, keep upright essential?

(Jonathan G Campbell) wrote in
m:

I'm moving a chest freezer to another house about 10 miles away. The
problem is that it will not fit upright into my hatchback. It would
fit if placed on its side.

I've been told that I must keep it upright at all costs. True?

[There is no food in it and it has been unused (power off) for two
years. Dunno if that has any bearing.]

TIA,

Jon C.

I've moved two in the last few months with no problem and both were laid on
their sides. I thought the only think was to stand them for a while to
allow the coolant to settle back into the compressor. I plugged one back in
within 20 minutes of unloading it and had no problems. Dunno if the
instructions say keep upright because I've not got them!

--
Danny Monaghan

To email me, put the LIGHT out!