Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike_Duffy[_2_] Mike_Duffy[_2_] is offline

Default Motion detector light problems

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 23:25:19 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Replace the sensor and be done with it. They are only good for a few
years from my experience.

I have a motion detector switch in my shed. I noticed after initial install
that a CFL causes it to continuously 'sense' motion. All worked well when I
replaced the CFL with an LED.

Actually, I also needed to put a filament (40 W) light parallel to the main
LED load in order to provide a virtual ground for the sensor because LEDs
cannot present a low enough impedance to enable the tiny current required
by the sensor. After all, it needs to have somewhere to put electrons when
it is finished with them.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm