Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Motion detector light problems

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 17:21:08 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 1/6/2019 11:14 PM, Brian wrote:
replying to sperrin, Brian wrote:
I am working on my motion dectector light outside on my garage the senior
light blinks red even when I move it around can you give me any tips to
fixing
it

Replace the sensor and be done with it. They are only good for a few
years from my experience.

Mine have all been fine for decades now.

I have some that are decades old and others won't even make it through
the typical 5 year warranty.
Keep your receipt.

A lot has to do with the sun hits the sensor directly. Sunlight will
burn them up pretty fast.
In a couple that point south (would be north for Rod)
I made a sunshade over the sensor out of aluminum flashing.
That seems to help