Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Bluetooth help please

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 08:51:10 +0000, Broadback wrote:

As regards not understanding why I cannot just place the phone near my
hearing aid to hear the phone call I imagine that poster has no hearing
problem. Phones are very difficult to use if you a partial hearing, an
the load speaker mode is often very distorted.

That's what the "T" position on a hearing aid is for. Switches off
the microphone and switches on a magnetic pickup coil. Assuming the
phone has a coil based ear piece transducer you get a direct feed of
the phone into your aid. Also useable at many checkouts and in
cinemas, theatres other venues equiped with a "loop" system.

I would hope an hearing aid with Bluetooth has it in addition to "T".

I find T particularly useful in public halls where the PA system isn't
properly set up. You can hear the speaker very clearly.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England