Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Recommendations for indoor paint?

Jim K.. wrote:
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 05/01/2019 18:26, Another John wrote:
The woodwork inside our house needs repainting -- we've been in the
house over 30 years, and I've only spasmodically repainted the woodwork
in bits and pieces. Some of it has never been painted since before we
moved in!

All of it (ALL of it!) is gloss white. Having tried acrylic a few
years ago, and also "one-coat", I'm still most comfortable with
undercoat and top coat ( Dulux Brilliant White).

Are there new products that I ought to try? The ranges in paint these
days are staggering.

Also, I might want to change one or two rooms to be a little more
colourful -- pastels, in what we used to call "silk" finish.

I thought I would ask here first because then I'd know where
to make a beeline, when I go a-browsing down the aisles.

Thanks for any advice!
John

Well I just rubbed downm hard with IIRC about 250 grit anmd applied
farrow and ball water based whatever.

Takes a long time to set really hard but it grips and the finish is good
esp. if rolled on.

I suspect its not the only decent paint around as well.

Fellow & Balls?

they've been cashing in on "perceived quality" for decades haven't
they? Iow bloody expensive & absolutely average.
All greenwash & yummy mummy...

Only time I see them mentioned is when people have ordered the
same colours at a mixing counter.

So far unmentioned I like johnstones paint

+1 for Johnstones paints and regularly discounted in places like In-Excess