The Masked Marvel

Default upgrade 100amp -> 200amp service?

Probably will require replacing the panel (unless the current one is already
rated 200A or better (e.g. 225A) but equiped w/ a 100A main), replacing the
main breaker, replacing the service enterance cable with larger cable and
perhaps replacing the meter base if it is not rated 200A already.
Furthermore it is remotely possible the electric utility will need to
replace *their* service drop should is not be rated for 200 amps, but unless
it is really old it probably is already. They'll tell you when they quote
the job.

"Dr.Mutant" wrote in message
After I call the electrician, what will s/he actually do to upgrade
the service in my house to 200A ? Other than change the master
breaker, does anything else happen with the panel, or anything go on
between the house and the pole? Among other things I'm tired of lights
briefly dimming when the furnace or the clothes washer or the
dishwasher or my wife makes demands (oops, did I say that out loud?).
Thanks.

Dr. M