Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Nye Graham Nye is offline

Default Recommendations for indoor paint?

On 2019-01-05 21:02, newshound wrote:
On 05/01/2019 18:37, wrote:
On Saturday, 5 January 2019 18:26:28 UTC, Another John wrote:

The woodwork inside our house needs repainting...

All of it (ALL of it!) is gloss white. Having tried acrylic a few
years ago, and also "one-coat", I'm still most comfortable with
undercoat and top coat ( Dulux Brilliant White).

Are there new products

yes

that I ought to try?

definitely not. Water based gloss is junk compared to alkyd.

I reckon the modern water based gloss is pretty good. This is for a
house originally full of children and now slightly less full of dogs. So
maybe my standards are a bit lower.

Another thumbs-down for water-based "gloss". We did the woodwork in one
room with it a couple of years ago, after painting other rooms with
traditional gloss paint. The water-based paint retains brush marks, isn't
particularly glossy and is a dirt magnet.

--
Graham Nye
news(a)thenyes.org.uk