Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_6_] Cursitor Doom[_6_] is offline

Default Lenovo tablet screen spontaneously cracked

On Thu, 03 Jan 2019 09:54:20 -0800, Cynic wrote:

I bought a lenovo 10" tablet in November as a present for my adult
daughter. Just prior to Christmas she left it overnight on a wide window
cill. In the morning she found a crack across the glass screen. It had
not been subject to dropping or any other impact.

These things can just happen for no ostensible reason. I remember back in
the early 70s a sherry glass that had been sitting on the serving hatch
suddenly shattering into a cobweb of broken shards completely unprovoked.
No one was near it at the time and the temperature was constant and there
was no sunlight anywhere close to it.
It's because these events are so rare that manufacturers know that the
chances of a genuine claim are remote. It's a bummer, but I don't see a
way around it.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!