CBhvac

Default wires to capacitor on YORK AC unit are burned and melted

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Ah, gee. Now we got to install flush valves on condensors, as well as
toilets? You sure you know something about AC? You sound more like a

plumber
who got talked into "Oh, yes! Can you look at my AC".

Chris..if you had a clue, and you dont, (lets be honest here, and stop
trying to fool folks about your background and knowledge) then you would
know what a condenser flush is. Some also call it a foam out. Others call it
a cleaning.
Either way, the idea is to loosen the accumulated dust, grime and oils from
deep in the fins, flush them out, and restore proper coil to air contact.
IF the coil is clogged, as many are, then the fan amps go down, the fan
speeds up, the heat pressures go up, the compressor amps go up, and if the
compressor does not shut down on thermal, it will overamp and possibly
create in some isolated circumstances the same problem that the OP has.

--

Christopher A. Young

"Tony Berlin" wrote in message
. ..
What is the amp draw at that wire? When was the last time the condenser

was
flushed?
"Keith Reding" wrote in message
.net...
The unit is a York Model H2DAQ42SQ6A. The Serial Number is ELBM396211.

Here are the links to some photos showing the burned wires. I thought

the
burned wires were connected to the capacitor but they are not. See the
photos for a better explanation.