Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Overpainting metral bed frame

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
"tim..." Wrote in message:
I have a black metal bedframe a lot like this one

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8261449

In my new house it really needs to be white.

How do I need to prepare the surface to achieve that

and then when I've done that, do I just spray it with paint from a spray
can?

I don't want to spend too long on this project, it's just the guest's
bedroom

TIA

tim

Key it a bit with wet & dry, degrease with a solvent (white spirit
or meths), when dry paint. I'd think you'll need an undercoat to
go from black to white especially spraying (outside or
garage/shed i hope ;-) )

unfortunately not, no

I'm just going to have to spray it with the windows open and then leave the
flat empty for 3 days - I'm not living in it yet

this frame bed, and a couple of chairs are the only pieces of furniture I
have moved in