Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_36_] Peter[_36_] is offline

Default Electric head shaver

On 1/4/2019 9:25 PM, Andy wrote:
I shave my head using either a 3 bladed disposable or Norelco triple head electric razor.

Unfortunately, using the Norelco on my head decreases blade life to only two months.

Are there any good electric razors for head shaving with reasonably priced blades?

My budget is around $100.

Thanks,
Andy

Be careful as you shop. Just as with electric toothbrushes, many
electric razor manufacturers sell multiple models, but the main
difference is usually in the bells and whistles, not in the most
important component (brush head and shaver head, respectively). Norelco
has quite a few models of shaver head and most of them are used on
multiple models. You might spend a lot more for a fancier razor that
uses the same head assembly as a more economical model.

Two months is an incredibly short life for a set of rotary head blades.
Do you use a pre-electric such as Williams Lectric Shave? The
pre-electrics not only lubricate the blade head - skin interface to
minimize razor burn, they lubricate the cutting edge of the blades to
provide a smoother shave with less blade wear. One bottle is much
cheaper than a replacement set of blades and lasts longer than 2 months.