Bob

Default upgrade 100amp -> 200amp service?

"Stephan Bour" wrote in message
Yes, the rules are probably different depending on the region

and the power
Co. However, my understanding was that, if you can justify the

need for more
Amps (electrical heating, woodworking shop, etc.), the power

company is
obligated to upgrade the wires and meter at no charge. I know

someone who
even got them to replace a whole transformer to accommodate him

in a rural
area. Did you try to be a little more forceful with your

company? Maybe
consult with your local representative for more info?

I called my utility. They want $150 for conversion to 200 amp.
150 amp would be free.

Bob