Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default Lenovo tablet screen spontaneously cracked

On 03/01/2019 17:54, Cynic wrote:

I bought a lenovo 10" tablet in November as a present for my adult daughter. Just prior to Christmas she left it overnight on a wide window cill. In the morning she found a crack across the glass screen. It had not been subject to dropping or any other impact.
I returned it to the Argos shop where I had bought it and it was duly sent off for investigation. Today I received a telephone call to say a replacement screen was not covered under warranty and replacement would cost £130 (the tablet was £110 new).
I refused the repair cost and the tablet will be returned to me.
However it seems to me unreasonable to have a crack develop in such circumstances. I would expect stresses in the unit during manufacture to have a bearing on this failure. Google led me to an almost identical case with Argos refusing to accept responsibility.
To help me to assess the true scale of the problem I'm curious if any members of this group have come across the same situation?

My granddaughter had a similar problem with a cheapo 7 inch "Alba"
tablet from Argos. The screen just cracked overnight just a few months
after purchase and Argos refused to repair or replace it under warranty.

The same thing happened to a friend of hers with a similar tablet
purchased around the same time.