Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Lenovo tablet screen spontaneously cracked

Sounds a little odd. I know a friend who had a problem with an Amazon tablet
screen simply sent it back after a couple of months and there was no
quibble about replacing it. It seems to me this is Argos being stupid.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pamela" wrote in message
On 17:54 3 Jan 2019, Cynic wrote in
:

I bought a lenovo 10" tablet in November as a present for my adult
daughter. Just prior to Christmas she left it overnight on a wide
window cill. In the morning she found a crack across the glass screen.
It had not been subject to dropping or any other impact. I returned it
to the Argos shop where I had bought it and it was duly sent off for
investigation. Today I received a telephone call to say a replacement
screen was not covered under warranty and replacement would cost £130
(the tablet was £110 new). I refused the repair cost and the tablet
will be returned to me. However it seems to me unreasonable to have a
crack develop in such circumstances. I would expect stresses in the
unit during manufacture to have a bearing on this failure. Google led
me to an almost identical case with Argos refusing to accept
responsibility. To help me to assess the true scale of the problem I'm
curious if any members of this group have come across the same
situation?

I have heard of this happening to Lenovo smartphone screens (such as the
Moto G5) but had assumed there was some minor impact that had been
overlooked. Perhaps not.

For example:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5...creen-cracked-
without-drop-or-damage/td-p/3751411