Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Lenovo tablet screen spontaneously cracked

Not me, but they do surely have a duty under law at such a short time of
ownership.

It should be just a walk in and swap job. Obviously they would look for
signs of misuse but as there would be none, I think any sane small claims
court would award in our favour with costs paid by Argos. These shops
especially at this time of year try it on, as I'm sure they do get a lot of
stuff back, but I think its always a good idea to bone up on the law and
talk confidently to a manager, none of this we will repair crap.
I'm wondering though at such a cheap price how it can be much of a
computer. Its probably go sod all storage and no room for applications and
will run like a slug in about three months.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Cynic" wrote in message
I bought a lenovo 10" tablet in November as a present for my adult daughter.
Just prior to Christmas she left it overnight on a wide window cill. In the
morning she found a crack across the glass screen. It had not been subject
to dropping or any other impact.
I returned it to the Argos shop where I had bought it and it was duly sent
off for investigation. Today I received a telephone call to say a
replacement screen was not covered under warranty and replacement would cost
£130 (the tablet was £110 new).
I refused the repair cost and the tablet will be returned to me.
However it seems to me unreasonable to have a crack develop in such
circumstances. I would expect stresses in the unit during manufacture to
have a bearing on this failure. Google led me to an almost identical case
with Argos refusing to accept responsibility.
To help me to assess the true scale of the problem I'm curious if any
members of this group have come across the same situation?