TURTLE

Default wires to capacitor on YORK AC unit are burned and melted

"Keith Reding" wrote in message
.net...
I have not taken any measurements on the unit, neither did any of the
technicians who worked on it. One tech said that he would be glad to keep
charging me $100 for each visit to replace the wires. Otherwise, I should
buy a new unit. I will do that if I have to but not sure I need a new

unit
to fix the problem.

I bought the house 4 years ago and the unit was about 5 years old when I
bought the house. I don't know that is has ever been flushed. Neither

tech
suggested that to me.

Keith

This is Turtle.

If the Tech / service company can't tighten up the connection enough to keep
them from burning off. Two thing is taking place here. 1) He is wanting to
sell you a new condener by leaving the connection loose and let them burn
off. 2) The tech just does not know how to tighten up the connection
correctly.

Run their ass off before the mess something up here and you may really have
to buy a condenser.

TURTLE

---