Stephan Bour

Default upgrade 100amp -> 200amp service?

It all depends on where you live and the type of cable running from the
street transformer to your house. My heavy-up only required upgrading the
circuit panel and installing heavy-duty cables from the meter to the panel
and from the point of attachment of the street cable onto my house to the
meter. The power Co. will come and upgrade the meter and look at the cable
from the street. They will decide whether it needs upgrading or not. In any
case, the work done by the power Co. should be free of charge to you,
regardless of what needs to be done to accommodate your new service.
Stephan.

in article , Dr.Mutant at
wrote on 2/11/04 12:29 PM:

After I call the electrician, what will s/he actually do to upgrade
the service in my house to 200A ? Other than change the master
breaker, does anything else happen with the panel, or anything go on
between the house and the pole? Among other things I'm tired of lights
briefly dimming when the furnace or the clothes washer or the
dishwasher or my wife makes demands (oops, did I say that out loud?).
Thanks.

Dr. M