Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Tektronik 2230 oscilloscope: nasty menu?

Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
When I turn it on it says "power up failure, press menu key to
continue".Â* I press the 3 keys of MEMORY DISPLAY ON/OFF part. In the
past it went back to working like a simple analog scope after a few key
presses. But now I can't get out of the acq_mode setup table.

Is there a trick to get rid of these menus and obtain a simple analog
scope?

Bye

If you remove the case and look at the top board, near the 8088
processor (40 pin DIP, fairly obvious) there is a plug marked RESET.
Move it to the reset position. That will stop the digital board from
running and assuming you have no serious faults will turn the scope into
an analog only scope.

If you want to repair it I suggest you go over to
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes. The 2230 has comprehensive diagnostics
built in.