Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Wiring for a Shed ancillary question

Hi, In the past in a shed I used to work on equipment with a live chassis by
having it on the other side of an isolating transformer and earthing the non
live side, if you get my drift. After all this is just what replacing an
auto transformer would do to mains gear of that age.
However I used to fly by the seat of my pants in those days, and so what
I'd want to do with my new shed when its built is also to protect that
circuit with more than a 5 amp fuse.

Now I'm probably well outside of the law here on this one but two problems
come to mind. First what sort of breaker and also of course you would need
any gear connected to have a plug on it that could not, accidentally be put
into a standard socket as that would be disaster on many levels. are there
special plugs or sockets for this kind of use?

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 02/01/2019 21:05, RJH wrote:

3) Routing the wiring. He's intending to use 20mm plastic tube conduit,
which for layout reasons has to go up, round, and down to the
sockets/lights/switches. It'd obviously be neater to route all the cables
in one run of conduit - is there some guidance relating to stuffing
conduit with cable?

Yes - there's the fill factor:

https://www.rm-electrical.com/wp-con...Technical1.pdf

That's purely on space. In essence, if it fits easily, it's OK.

Are you proposing to use singles?

--
Email does not work