CBhvac

Default wires to capacitor on YORK AC unit are burned and melted

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Dear Tony,
I've been posting to home repair for a couple years. I've read

Turtle's
posts for several years, and he's been a real wealth of information. He's
solved problems for myself, and many others.
I'm not quite so sure about you, though. However, it is very possible
that I'm mistaken. Lets see if maybe I'm mistaken. How about you answer a
couple questions for me. I'm a rather new heating and AC tech, so here's a
great chance for me to learn.

You are a hack, nothing but a halfassed locksmith that claims to be a
tech....

1) You say that each of the three compressor terminals represents its own
winding. I know of two windings, but you say there are three. What are the
names of the three windings, and what do they each do?

If you dont know, you are over your head already.

2) What are the names of the electrical terminals on a typical compressor?
What does each terminal do?

It sits there and sings dixie every once in a while..

3) In terms of temperature, what happens when a terminal is corroded, and
trying to carry current? And in terms of the electrical flow, what happens
when a terminal is corroded?

Ok...you can stop with the jokes now...Mr hvac tech..

4) What is the electrical current path through a compressor? For example,
which terminal is hot, and which is neutral?

There ISNT a neutral in a compressor on a home central system moron.

I will likely be working on condensing units this summer, and perhaps some
of your answers will help me to be a better technician.

No...4 years of tech school might.

--

Christopher A. Young
Jesus: The Reason for the Season

"Tony Berlin" wrote in message
. ..

Each of the three wires on your compressor
represents it's own respective winding in the compressor. Each, when
excessive current draw is present, indicate to a competent (dare I say

that
word here), technician the correct path to follow with respect to
troubleshooting. So in order to even begin to remotely guess at the

problem
one would need the information specific to which wire is carring excessive
current. Even though they all may indicate excessive current, simply due

the proximity of one to the other, there is one that is the actual carring
the excessive current. With that being said, the first thing a service

tech
would do is use an Amprobe to determine the actual draw in each conductor,