Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Gas boilers

In article , ARW
wrote:
On 02/01/2019 18:38, charles wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:
On 02/01/2019 13:54, GB wrote:
On 02/01/2019 13:47, Andy Bennet wrote:
I've been told that my electric boiler is useless during a power
cut. Are Gas boiler C.H. pumps, timer and control electronics gas
powered?

You can power those from a small generator.

A pure sine wave inverter at my parents house.

And it has just enough juice to power a travel kettle.

I have a gas ring for that. Mind you, we have to boil water in a
saucepan, though.

Does the gas ring also power the modem, computer and a few table lamps?

No. I have a UPS on my modem and another one for this computer. I have a
laptop with a 6 hour battery, I also have small generator and plenty of
flashlights (for our US readers) and candles.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England