Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Carpet Cleaner

Brian Gaff wrote

With a dog, the best plan is to recarpet the house in the colour of the
dog.

Not possible with some breeds like alsatians etc. And they
have two level fur with the under layer a different color again
and they shed that in massive chunks come spring too.

Its not the problem of cleaning its getting the dog fur out of the pile.
It took me about a year.

I wasn’t silly enough to have carpet.

As for what type, well I think they are all much the same, expensive for
what thy do.

"RJH" wrote in message
Just about DIY? My brother's asked me to check Which? for carpet
cleaners, and it's come up with a Bissell Clean View Deep Clean 18Z7E. In
fact, this was the only Best Buy by a long chalk. £350, which he can
afford he tells me.

Anybody and recommendations please? He's got a big house, white carpets
and a dog.

I hired a Rug Doctor a while back and it seemed fine, but I think he
wants to buy and have a machine to hand.

--
Cheers, Rob