Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 19:23:49 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/2/2019 2:15 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:50:48 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/2/2019 10:59 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 15:49:26 -0000, danny burstein
wrote:

In "Commander Kinsey"
writes:

You've made an invalid assumption. Every modern freezer I've seen
runs for the same time as older ones, and they cool at the same
rate. So clearly the compressor outputs the same cooling, but using
less electricity. All well and good, but I can feel the cold escaping
from the unit.

"cold escaping". There you go doubling down on your stupidity again.

There's no reason to think of it as heat. Have you never calculated
current flow imagining it flows from + to -?

You can't make cold unless you change the laws of physics. You don't
lose cold, you gain heat.

You essentially can lose cold. It I have a picnic cooler and it has two
pounds of ice in it and I take one pound out, it's lost some cold without
gaining heat, except for the negligible heat of the small amount of air
that replaces it. Make it replaced by a vacuum, if you like.

Your terminology, but you really changed the ability of heat absorption.
That ice was made by removing heat energy from water.

Indeed, as far as heat is concerned, he's made the cooler smaller. Or if you like, split the cooler in half. One half now has no insulation of course. It sounds like one of those deliberately confusing Physics/Maths problems designed to mix people up. What we need now is a continuation of the story where he puts the ice into something else and makes a perpetual motion device.