Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:50:48 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/2/2019 10:59 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 15:49:26 -0000, danny burstein
wrote:

In "Commander Kinsey"
writes:

You've made an invalid assumption.Â* Every modern freezer I've seen
runs for the same time as older ones, and they cool at the same
rate.Â* So clearly the compressor outputs the same cooling, but using
less electricity.Â* All well and good, but I can feel the cold escaping
from the unit.

"cold escaping".Â* There you go doubling down on your stupidity again.

There's no reason to think of it as heat.Â* Have you never calculated
current flow imagining it flows from + to -?

You can't make cold unless you change the laws of physics. You don't
lose cold, you gain heat.

You essentially can lose cold. It I have a picnic cooler and it has two
pounds of ice in it and I take one pound out, it's lost some cold without
gaining heat, except for the negligible heat of the small amount of air
that replaces it. Make it replaced by a vacuum, if you like.