Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On 1/2/2019 10:59 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 15:49:26 -0000, danny burstein
wrote:

In "Commander Kinsey"
writes:

You've made an invalid assumption.* Every modern freezer I've seen
runs for the same time as older ones, and they cool at the same
rate.* So clearly the compressor outputs the same cooling, but using
less electricity.* All well and good, but I can feel the cold escaping
from the unit.

"cold escaping".* There you go doubling down on your stupidity again.

There's no reason to think of it as heat.* Have you never calculated
current flow imagining it flows from + to -?

You can't make cold unless you change the laws of physics. You don't
lose cold, you gain heat.