Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas boilers

After serious thinking Bob Minchin wrote :
Andy Bennet wrote:
On 02/01/2019 13:54, GB wrote:
On 02/01/2019 13:47, Andy Bennet wrote:
I've been told that my electric boiler is useless during a power cut.
Are Gas boiler C.H. pumps, timer and control electronics gas powered?

You can power those from a small generator.

So all houses with a gas boiler have a small generator?

Mine does and a UPS but possibly not the norm for a non DIY person to take
sensible precautions against inconvenience.

I have the boiler, cooker and micro, which needs electric. The hob
works without, if I use a match and a gas fire with no need for
electric. In the drive I have the caravan to fall back on in the drive,
it can use its own gas for heat, battery to ignite and blow. It has a
gas cooker and hob, battery ignition, battery lights. Three way fridge
freezer. So that is my final backup option, for an extended power loss.