Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 12V battery charger from Screwfix - specifications?

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 01/01/2019, Terry Casey supposed :
As to whether it is really 'automatic' or not, if it isn't,
surely that will be a serious offence under the Trade
Descriptions Act?

I suspect not, it will 'automatically' charge your battery, trouble is
it will not stop when fully charged. It looks very much like a
conventional old fashioned charger, just the power switch and ammeter.
Modern auto-chargers usually have a button to initiate the charge and
will refuse to initiate if the polarity is reversed - no sign of that.

Personally, I dumped that sort of charger decades ago.

All you need to prevent wrong connection is an internal relay with the
coil fed via a diode from the battery. That's been a feature of many for a
long time.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.