Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Chipped Crystal Glass

I was just thinking the same. I've certainly never heard of anyone
successfully repairing or grinding down something like this.
If it chipped it will chip again, points to naff crystal in the first
place.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 13:53:02 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

We have a chip in the rim of a crystal glass. I have tried emery to
smooth it - but really it needs the whole of the rim grinding down by
about 2 mm. Should this be possible? Will it be satisfactory as it seems
tha the rim is moulded rather than cut?

If it's moulded rather than cut why not just bin it? It's not worth
trying to fix.