Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 18:16:54 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 18:10:11 -0000, Steve wrote:

wotsit Commander Kinsey sed...

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 17:19:13 -0000, Steve wrote:

wotsit William Gothberg sed...
I thought modern freezers were meant to have better insulation, so why is mine always running?

Try using some common sense, Peter. Either there is something
wrong with it, or it's user error.

Not "it", but almost every modern freezer, belonging to me or otherwise.

If the outside walls of the freezer don't feel cold than it's
unlikely to be crappy insulation.

They do feel cold. (Attempting to delete your double negative) So you're saying it IS crappy insulation, as I said.

Are you trying to freeze large amounts of unfrozen food?

No.

You could have your thermostat set too cold, in which case the
compressor will run continually because it is trying to reach a
temp it can't attain.

It's set so all the freezer is -18C or lower.

You might have your superfreeze on, so it will run continually.

It doesn't have that function, and I haven't seen that on anything made in the last two decades. Not sure why they ever had it, you always want the inside to be at -18C or less, so the stat should turn on if it's above -18C. You just don't need to tell it you've put new food in.

Does it need defrosting? That can cause the freezer to run
continually as the frost build up acts as insulation preventing it
from reaching the set temp.

All freezers have been frost free for the last two decades, so no.

It could be short of gas or the compressor may be not pumping
efficiently. The thermostat may be knackered.

I'm talking about NEW freezers.

Rule out what could be the problem, don't assume.

BTW, you're a ****wit.

Evidently not, as nothing you've said was of any use.

It's funny how you and only you have this problem, then, isn't it?
Seeing as how a great national debate about crappy freezer
insulation seems to be curiously absent.

Because nobody else has noticed the ****ty designs? This is the 21st century ffs. We still have internal combustion engines in cars from a whole century or more ago. We still haven't cured the common cold. Most cancers still can't be cured. Loads of illnesses don't even have names yet. What the **** are scientists doing?!

Get off your useless ass and do something about it. Iinstead of
kvetching endlessly about things you are ignorant about go out and
educate yourself so you can make a difference. Otherwize you are just
a pitiful waste of space and oxygen.