Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 16:41:26 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 16:28:09 -0000, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:

No, I'm referring to all fridges and freezers in general. They just don't seem to run less than they did 30 years ago. I thought we'd got better insulation now.

I suspect the compressors are smaller in newer units. That means lower enegy
consumption, but they need to run longer for a given level of cooling.

Indeed, but that doesn't negate the fact we haven't fixed the poor insulation. People seem to be going mad insulating houses, but not freezers.

That's your uninformed opinion.