Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Carpet Cleaner

On Tuesday, 1 January 2019 19:59:03 UTC, RJH wrote:
Just about DIY? My brother's asked me to check Which? for carpet
cleaners, and it's come up with a Bissell Clean View Deep Clean 18Z7E.
In fact, this was the only Best Buy by a long chalk. £350, which he can
afford he tells me.

I have a simpler, cheaper machine similar to
https://ao.com/product/54k27-bissell...-60363-91.aspx
which cost me about £60 in Tesco Direct Sale.

It is handy to have to clean up spills etc, but
- IHMO it doesn't get the carpet wet enough to actually wash it
- it doesn't get right into corners/edges
- doing a whole room in one go will take *ages*. It's much, much, slower than vacuuming
- construction is a bit plasticy especially on the clear parts (styrene?)

It is horrifying what muck comes out of a 'clean' carpet, though.

Owain