Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 17:05:21 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 01/01/2019 16:28, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:

No, I'm referring to all fridges and freezers in general. They just don't seem to run less than they did 30 years ago. I thought we'd got better insulation now.

I suspect the compressors are smaller in newer units. That means lower enegy
consumption, but they need to run longer for a given level of cooling.

My mouth dropped open when you said that. It betrays remarkable ignorance.

You will be telling me next that a 1W kettle uses less electricity to
boil....

Well women fall for that kinda **** and buy cars with 1 litre engines, then drive them around in third gear.