Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Chipped Crystal Glass

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 17:16:26 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

You could grind it, but I'd do it by hand: get a flat sheet of glass,
use some fairly coarse carborundum grit (say -80s or -120s) scattered
fairly generously on the glass, wet it to make a paste, invert the
crystal whatever-it-is and grind away using a circular motion. It'll
be slow; you'll probably need to change the grit to finer grades as
you get down to below the edge of the chip, and the ground surface
will always be matt, never the original flame-polished edge it was.

Wot e said, only I'd use wet-or-dry paper, on a sheet of glass, lots of water.

Start coarse, maybe 120? Low pressure, too.

Thomas Prufer