Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 13:12:21 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

harry wrote:
On Monday, 31 December 2018 21:08:00 UTC, William Gothberg wrote:
I thought modern freezers were meant to have better insulation, so
why is mine always running? It doesn't seem to have a lower duty
cycle than the old ones of 30 years ago. Sure, the power
consumption (according to the label) is less, but shouldn't they
have better insulation nowadays? Or was all that banned by the
greenies for that ozone nonsense?

It's probably lost refrigerant gas.
ie a leak.

Hucker probably got it free.
And yes, could be a gas leak or it is just shagged.

No, I'm referring to all fridges and freezers in general. They just don't seem to run less than they did 30 years ago. I thought we'd got better insulation now.